Undredal Stave Church tour
Experience the little church with the rich history. Join a guided tour of Scandinavia's smallest stave church still in use.
Scandinavia's smallest stave church
One of the fjords' crown jewels is a visit to Undredal Stave Church, which dates back to the 12th century. Join a guided tour and discover the rich history of both the stave church and the village of Undredal.
Undredal Stavkirke is one of the smallest stave churches with its 40 seats. The knave is seven metres long, with the choir and vestibule in addition. There are traces of a gallery around the knave. Inside the church is the first church bell from the Middle Ages, a kneeler from 1647, a baptismal font from 1680, a pulpit from 1696 and two candleholders dating back to 1702. The walls have the original distemper from the 1600s, with both Biblical figures and angels on the ceiling.
Frequently asked questions
- [Fjord Cruise & Undredal] Where can I find prices and time tables for the Fjord Cruise?
You can find prices and time tables on our website.
- [Fjord Cruise & Undredal] Which kind of scenery will we see during the boat tour?
You will be sailing through the spectacular and dramatic Aurlandsfjorden, which is a branch of the Sognefjord, Norway's longest fjord.
- [Fjord Cruise & Undredal] Is it possible to buy the famous local cheese in Undredal?
Yes. It is possible to buy the Undredal cheese at the Caf�� as well as at the grocery store in the village.
- [Fjord Cruise & Undredal] Where can I take the bus in Flåm?
The bus stop is located only a few meters away from the train station and the Visitor Center. If you need help please come to the Visitor Center for assistance.
- [Fjord Cruise & Undredal] If I decide to spend more time in Undredal, can I take a different departure from the one previously booked?
No. If you decide to spend more time in the village, you will need to purchase a new ticket for the return journey.