Corona virus travelling to Norway
The Norwegian health authorities have implemented strict bans on travel to and inside the country. From Thursday 12 March until Thursday 26 March 2020, the following rules apply:
- All travellers that are residents of Norway and who have been outside of the Nordic countries, are to stay in their homes for 14 days after arriving home to Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms.
- Travellers from countries outside of the Nordic region who are not residents of Norway will be asked to return to their home country. The alternative for these travellers is quarantine. Travellers with symptoms will be isolated.
- This means that everyone presently staying in Norway and who has been in a country outside of the Nordic region in the past 14 days is to be quarantined.
- This policy has retroactive effect and applies to all arrivals since Thursday 27 February.
- Domestic transport is to continue as normal as possible for the moment, but avoid all kinds of travel that are not strictly necessary (both domestic and abroad).
- Avoid public transport if you can.
- Avoid other places where you can easily get close to others.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- For updated information and travel advice, see The Norwegian Institute of Public Health